Toddlers take their visual and hand skills to the next level.
- Begin to focus for longer periods of time
- Attention to small details begins
- Cause and effect understanding of how the hands make things happen develops
- Exploration connects visual information with the actions of the hands
The underpinnings of fine motor control and cause and effect understanding develop here.
Activities to connect the eyes and hands while playing:
- Koosh Catch
- Sponge Art
- Dot Art
- Play Dough
- Toddler Swings
- All manipulation toys (blocks, large puzzles, nesting boxes/ cups, stacking toys, ball mazes, duplo)